CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 19, 2010

THE LOSS OF A LOVED ONE



This is a post that I have wanted to write since the day we lost one of our precious family members our sweet Mother, Mother-in-law and amazing Grandmother to our two girls. On June 18th, our very small family suffered the tragic loss of Angelo's Mom.

She was not sick and this came as a shock and the grieving process has been painful for all us. To me she was much more than a Mother-in-law...she was one of my favorite people in my life. I met her when I was 14 years old and from the day I entered her home she treated me like a princess. She encouraged me and supported me in a very special way and made her love for me known at all times. My Thea-Ma was a woman that had a very difficult life yet turned out to be the kindest soul in the world. I miss her so much and still cannot believe she is gone.

She loved you Angel and Georgia and was so proud to be your Grandmother...her eyes would light up whenever she saw you girls and you gave her so much joy. Angel you were very blessed to get to know her and spend so much time with her. She always took you for rides in your carriage in front of the flower shop when you were little. She played with you and the two of you watered the plants together often.

Upon both arrivals from China your granny was there waiting with bells on and she welcomed you both with an open heart and open arms.

No matter how tired or sick she was if she knew you girls were at the store she came running to spend time with you. I am so very sad that you Georgia did not get to enjoy her as much as you should have and this does break my heart... at least she got to dance at your baptism and this she did with great happiness and pride.

The gift of knowing a grandmother is like nothing else in life...a grandmother's heart is filled with love beyond words and God blessed us with the sweetest little woman in the world.

We will never fully understand why she was taken from us so soon and I know this pain will be with us forever. What I do know is this she is with Jesus in Heaven and she is at peace.

We love you so so much and we will never forget all the gifts of love, understanding and true compassion that you had for all of your children and grandchildren

You were a beautiful, sweet and loving soul and we were honored to be part of your family.

We will always cherish you in our hearts and in our minds and your presence... is still...
very much with us.

Good-Bye Manoula, Thea-Ma and YiaYia Georgia

What a beautiful woman...Your grandmother in her younger days


Angel and Yiayia Georgia



Waiting at the airport for Baby Georgia


The only picture of Baby Georgia and her Granny

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Beautiful post, my darling. I remember the first time I met her. I really did think she was an angel. What a beautiful soul.

Love you!!

me

4D said...

My hearts is sad...I wish I could offer more. What a lovely tribute.

Keep smilin!

Our family said...

I am so deeply sorry for your great loss....

What a loving, beautiful tribute for someone so special...

Much love xox